Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lucid Something - Sleeping with Awareness

There are different categories of experiences that happen with the astral and lucid dream state. In the radio program I talked a little bit about the "double wake up" and that is when you think you have woken up but instead you are astral projecting around your home. You only realize it was a projection or 'dream' when you are snapped back into your body. You start to realize it is not just a dream when you come back with certain knowledge. For example, while projecting you may glance at the clock, then snap back into your body, awaken and the time matches. You may also notice your cat or dog has made a mess somewhere, then you return to your body, get up and find that same mess. This is hard evidence that you left your body and it was not just a dream. So, please be observant. These things happen.

So, there is the double wake up, there is astral projection, there is lucid dreaming. I had another thing happen to me. I don't know what category it best fits into. But let me begin by explaining the affirmations that I am practicing. Before I go to bed and during the day, I contemplate the reality and experience that I am in. I compare it to my dream state and astral state. I do this frequently. Also, I have trained my body to wake up at certain times without the aid of an alarm clock. (if I tell my self to wake up at 7am, I usually wake up at 6:59) If I do set the alarm, I usually wake up before it goes off and turn it off. These are all examples of how it is possible to program the body and give it instruction according to what you want to accomplish. In the same way you can tell yourself to be aware in your dreams or to project out of the body at will. It takes practice but all these things increase your ability to control your dream state.

Ok, so what happened? I did my affirmations to remain aware when my body was sleeping. This is my favorite because it seems to work well for me. I also imagine what it will be like to be aware and thinking all night long, even as my body sleeps. But it is usually accompanied by an astral projection or a lucid dream. I had interestingly enough, remained aware all night long, with neither happening. I lay there sleeping, I know I am sleeping but all the while my mind is active. I went in and out of being able to see my surroundings, which would indicate a partial projection. I also came in and out of sleep, each time returning to a sleeping with awareness. It was very interesting. I spent most of the night contemplating what was happening and what do I call this? I spent the other part of the night developing a new soap recipe. Working in my sleep, I know! (I am a soap maker) But, come on! How productive! :)

Sleeping With Awareness.
So, that is my new category. Thats what I will call it when this occurs with no dream or projection. I have had similar things happen. The first thing that comes to mind is my college days trying to solve a mathematical problem. I went to sleep thinking about it and solved it in my sleep, only I did not know I was sleeping. But yet, proof that the mind is capable of continuing to work while asleep. We don't have to spend every night in darkness. We can remember our dreams. We can work mentally in the sleeping or dream state. We can manifest our own surroundings in a lucid dream. We can project from the body and explore the world and beyond in the astral planes. There is so much more that we are capable of. There are only 24 hours in the day and for most people 1/3 is spent in bed sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment